Monday, September 28, 2009

The Truth Is

I've had a difficult last couple of weeks. Between an out-of-commission car, being ill, having late shifts when my husband has early shifts, and school being in session, I have struggled to do anything more than drive, work and sleep. Blogging has been too much effort.

Today I'm responding to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling.

(page 298) "'The Truth.' Dumbledore sighed. 'It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution. However, I shall answer your questions unless I have a very good reason not to, in which case I beg you'll forgive me. I shall not, of course, lie.'"

The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing. Sometimes the truth is liberating. Sometimes it's harmful.

I have long told my friends that they can ask me anything, but it's always been up to me whether I answer. Sometimes I don't.

Truth can be a weapon. When I spoke out and encouraged others to speak out about the inappropriate actions of a coworker, the truth was indeed a weapon. A righteous weapon, but still a weapon. That coworker is now a former coworker.

The truth is that I have much to say, but my thoughts aren't as coherent as they normally are. Rather than jumping immediately back into blogging, I'm easing back.

I will do my best not to be offended by questions, but I have learned over the last couple of weeks that my temper has become more volatile since embarking on my mission of healing my past, as I have discovered a vault of anger that I have trouble keeping shut off. I of course will continue to choose whether I answer anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment